Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cranberry Banana Bread



We had a fight over something last week, so to make my DH talk to me, I baked these cakes. The Banana Walnut bread that I make are his favorites. I tried a variation of that with cranberries this time. It turned out really moist and delicious. And yes, you guessed it right, DH was all praise for it. Later he did ask me, if I baked it to get him talking. :o)
Prep Time: 10 min| Baking Time: About 1 hour| Makes: One Bread loaf

Ingredients:
Flour - 2 cups (I used maida & whole grain in 1:1 ratio)
Flaxseed flour – 1/3 cup (optional)
Baking Soda – 1 tsp.
Brown sugar – 1 cup
Olive oil – ½ cup
Eggs - 2
Yogurt (Beaten) – 2/3 cup
Ripe Bananas – 2 or 3 – 1 cup 
Cranberries – 1 cup
Salt -  1/4 tsp.

Method of Preparation:
~ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
~ Add a tablespoon of flour on cranberries and coat them all lightly
~ Mix flours, baking soda and sieve them together
~ In another bigger bowl, mix together brown sugar and olive oil. 
~ Add eggs, half of yogurt and  bananas.  Mix well. 
~ Slowly add flour mixture and yogurt alternating.
~ Lastly fold in cranberries
~ Bake for 50-55 minutes.
~ Remove when inserted toothpick comes out clean.
~ Let it cool for some time and then let it completely cool on a cooling rack.
~ Cut into slices using a serrated knife and serve.



Sending this delicious bread to following events,
May event of Bon Vivant #4 - Fruit Recipes



Also sending this to Radhika's Let's Cook - Fruits
Vardhini's Bake Fest Hosted at Now Serving

10 comments:

  1. Looks awesome, u proved it one more time, way to a man's heart is through his stomach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee.. The way to a man's heart.... looks good must have tasted yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice cake...glad your mission was accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont we always do that now :) .. yuse our weapons in kitchen to get them talking and smiling :)

    I love the taste of cranberries in breads.. It just give that extra ting to the moist breads.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks super delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 17, 2012

    What a wonderful idea to put cranberries in this - yum!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely bake & delicious slices!!

    Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
    in the following ongoing events-
    Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
    EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns

    ReplyDelete
  8. banana bread is my fav.. love the addition of cranberry. yours looks delicious,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious... yum, yum and yum..!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks so yummy...on my to do list

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...