Thursday, May 3, 2012

Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie

This is one of my all time favorite breakfast smoothie. Especially if am in hurry to get out, all it takes is two minutes. I do love to sit down and enjoy every sip of it though. Here is a quick look at the quick recipe.


Prep Time: 1 min| Makes: About 2 and half cups

Ingredients:

Strawberry - 5 to 7 (I use the ones that I froze)
Banana - 1 medium
Protein Powder - 1 tbsp (optional)
Cold Milk - 1 Cup

Method of Preparation:

Blend everything to smooth consistency. Serve it chilled.


Note:
~ Options are endless to what you can add to this combination. I usually add another piece of fruit or flaxseed meal or oatmeal.
~ You can add sugar or honey if you need more sweet. But usually the fruits compensate for that.
~ Since I used frozen strawberries I didn't add any icecubes. You can add one or two cubes if needed.
~ Serve it immeditely, otherwise bananas will tend to make the shake loose it's bright pink color.

Sharing this at May event of Bon Vivant #4 - Fruit Recipes


Also sending this to Radhika's Let's Cook - Fruits,
Srivalli's Kids Delight hosted at UK-Rasoi,
Chandrani's Spotlight - Healthy Breakfast ,
Divya's Let's Party - Breakfast 

8 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...