Friday, February 3, 2012

Seven Cup Burfi

People from Banglore can instantly recognise this sweet. :o). It's name seven cup burfi coz it needs 7 cups of ingredient! duh!!!. I had failed at my initial attempts few years back. It used to be either too watery or too thick. Then over the time I have experted in this. My kids love this one too. I thought of making this for my Bon Vivant Moments - Sweet. It sure smells festive when you are preparing it and tastes divine!




Prep Time: 5 min. | Cooking Time: 40 min.


Ingredients:
Bengal Gram Flour/ chickpea flour/ Besan – 1 Cup
Desiccated coconut – 1 Cup
Ghee - 1 cup
milk – 1 Cup
Sugar – 3 Cups (I use brown sugar for half the quantity)
Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
Ghee for greasing the plate.



Method of Preparation:

~ Grease a plate with ghee and keep it ready.


~ In a big pan fry besan for few minutes (about 5 minutes). This will avoid forming lumps. Take out the besan and keep it aside.


 ~ In the same pan bring milk to boil.
~ Add sugar and mix until it’s dissolved.
~ Add coconut and cardamom powder and mix well.
~ Now start adding besan slowly in batches. Keep stirring continuously to make sure lumps are not formed.
~ After besan is mixed, start adding ghee 1 tbsp. at a time. Making sure every time it gets well incorporated into the mix.
~ Continue to stir and cook until it starts to leave the sides, frothes and starts to come together. Look how there is ghee at the edge.


~ Switch off the heat and pour it in prepared dish/ Plate. Smooth the top and leave it to cool.
~ Once it’s cooled off little (after an hour), cut them into little pieces with greased knife and enjoy!
~ I added chopped almonds to decorate.




This is off to my Bon Vivant Moments - Sweet Isn't it. :o)


And also to Vardhini's Sweet Luv, Radhika's Let's Cook Sweet Somethings, Sravani's Dish For Loved Ones, Kalyani's Served with Love and Anjali's Cakes, Cookies And Desserts events.

14 comments:

  1. My mom makes this...Never tried it...Yours came out perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  2. very yummy burfi !! looks YUM !! Thanks for linking to the event !!

    Ongoing event CC-Dish For Loved Ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks yum and yes, I am from Bangalore and fall in love with this sweet everytime its made ! Thanks for linking to my event ! Keep them coming :)


    Kalyani
    Event : Valentine Fest – Served with Love
    Sizzling Tastebuds

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely burfi.....super easy to do and really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. came out so perfectly.,...superb dear....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I ll definitely try this

    ReplyDelete
  7. tasty and yummy burfi !! looks great!! Thanks for posting this......

    ReplyDelete
  8. My MIL makes this sweet. Has turned out perfect and thx for linking to the event.

    Vardhini
    Event: Sweet Luv
    Event: Strawberries

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, I have eaten it a friends' place, but the recipe sounds simple to make. Love the simplicity of it. Great pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barfi looks awesome..glad to follow u!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, first time here...Barfi looks soo perfectly made that I am going to try it ASAP. You have a wonderful space dear..happy to follow u.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...