Sunday, February 26, 2012

Flaxseed Orange Cookies (Eggless)

Happy Birthday to my little sister. Wanted to post this recipe on her bday. She lives far away from me, if she was close by I could have pampered her. I miss them all so much. As for my little sis, I haven't seen her for past two years. When I went to India she couldn't make it since she had a baby. Now when she visits India, I am not going. :o(

She always keep looking for easy to make recipes and this one is dedicated to her. This wkd was the day of oranges! There were some sour ones in the lot and kids wouldn't touch them. So though of baking cookies/ cake with them. My little one said she wanted cookies, so cookies it was. I looked for some inspiration online. Also I was out of eggs, so needed an eggless version. I found one here.


I changed up the recipe quantity and in flour. These cookies are packed with vitamins, minerals and omega 3. Important addition I used was the Flaxseed powder/ meal. I use it in rotis every day, but wanted to see how bread or cookies would turn out with it. And I must say it blended in seamlessly.
Here is a rundown on this easy to bake, melt in the mouth cookies.

Prep Time: 5 min| Yields: About 50 cookies. 

Ingredients:

Flour – 3 Cups( I used 1 ½ cup multigrain, ½ cup flaxseed, 1 cup all-purpose flour/ maida)
Butter – ½ cup/ 1 stick
Sugar – ½ cup (Increase if you are using brown sugar)
Milk – ½ cup
Baking soda – ½ tsp.
Baking powder - 1 tsp.
One Naval Orange Zest (It was about 1 tbsp.) and it’s Juice.


Method of Preparation:

~ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
~ In a medium bowl sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
~ In a bigger bowl cream together melted butter and sugar.
~ Mix in the orange zest and juice.
~ Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients alternating with the milk in batches. Beat well to incorporate all the flour.
~ Scoop out a spoonful of mixture onto a greased cookie sheet. Keep at least 2 to 3 inches between them. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until they start to turn golden at the edges.
~ Take it out of the oven, after 5 minutes cool on the cooling rack.


Note:
~ I folded in some dried cranberries in the last batch. It was delicious too, giving a nice tangy twist to the cookies.
~ Multigrain and flaxseed might have made the batter little sticky. So I used two spoons, one to scoop out and using other to lay them on the sheet. You can also put them in a big plastic bag and pipe them out.

This goes to event on my space,  Bon Vivant Moments #1 - Sweet




Also also to Vardhini's Sweet Luv, Radhika's Let's Cook Sweet Somethings and I love baking, Sravani's Dish For Loved Ones, Vardhini's Bake Fest hosted by Anusha, Srivalli's Kids Delight hosted by PriyaAnjali's Cakes, Cookies And Desserts and Tea Time Treats  by Karen and Kate

17 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your sis. Can you send over some of these to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy cute and delicious cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy cookies.....superb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crunchy n yummy cookies... Looks delish

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice cookies!..........looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the orange flavor, yummy cookies..

    ReplyDelete
  7. can feel d flavour ur orange cookies dear.......looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the eggless version. Cookies look yummy. Thx for linking to the event.

    Vardhini
    Event: Sweet Luv
    Event: Strawberries

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..easy to follow & very tempting pics dear..;)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy cookies..belated b'day wishes to ur sis, u are sure missing her rt !!

    Join the Just "4" Fun event :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cookies looks so yummy !! perfectly done !! Thanks for linking to the event !!

    Ongoing event CC-Dish For Loved Ones

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated birthday wishes to your loved one,yummy orange cookies,loved it!!

    Erivum Puliyum

    ReplyDelete
  13. belated birthday wishes n this is so good..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated Birthday Wishes dear; these cookies are fab!!
    They are healthy and equally pretty.

    Thanks for linking.

    Event : Cakes, Cookies and Desserts

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow...delicious cookies....very healthy n pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Sweetie! Thanks for this :) it really means a lot to me!! Ummmha
    X vandana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...