Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pineapple Pistachio Delight/ Watergate Salad


Don’t go by the name, it’s not a salad, it’s a dessert and one of my favorite desserts. Not only because it’s super easy to prepare ahead of time, it tastes divine!! I have gotten comments that this is the best dessert they have ever had! Anyways, I already had this Watergate Salad posted on my blog, but reposting for my event and also with better pictures. It didn’t get the love it deserved then, so giving it all now. :o)

Ingredients:

Crushed pineapple in juice – 1 Can (20 oz)
JELL-O pistachio instant pudding mix – 1 pkg (3.4 ounce)
Miniature Marshmallows – 2 cups
Chopped pistachio and walnuts – 1 cup
Heavy whipping cream – 1 quart or 32 oz.
Sugar – ½ cup(if Required – I usually skip it)


Method of Preparation:
 ~ Put whipping blades and whipping bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
~ Take it out and then pour the heavy whipping cream in it. Whip the cream for about 5 minutes or until the small spikes starts on the whipped cream.
~ Now add sugar, instant pudding mix and whip for another minute to mix it thoroughly.
~ Take out the whipping blades. Add drained crushed pineapple and nuts.
~ Now add the marshmallows and give it a stir. Chill for at least an hour before serving.


Sending this delicious dessert to following events,
May event of Bon Vivant #4 - Fruit Recipes


Also sending this to Radhika's Let's Cook - Fruits,
Tomato Blues Summer Spirits
Divya's Showcase - Desserts

5 comments:

  1. A very tempting dessert..

    Pls link it to the event in my space.. :)

    Divya's Culinary Journey
    Showcase- Desserts

    ReplyDelete
  2. very yummy yum and tempting dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very inviting and delicious dessert recipe. nice one

    ReplyDelete
  4. So yummy and good for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sumee congrats you ve won a give away on my space. Check out the post Summer Spirits and mail me your address

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...