Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Banana Walnut Bread

Happy Bday to my DH! A little shout out to him for being my rock solid support. Few days ago I had mentioned my failed attempt at banana walnut. But I was able to get it right this time. And what better way than today to post this bread recipe which is my DH’s favorite.



The recipe source was a combination of recipe from my friend Sheila and Krithi’s. This time I was determined to make it work. And it was magical to see the bread rise in the oven. Verdict on the end result, my DH exclaimed that it was better than any kind of banana walnut bread that he’s ever eaten. It was just smooth, melt in the mouth with perfect crust surrounding. I was so proud of my first successful bread baking adventure. This recipe is a keeper. BTW it was gone in two days. :o)




Prep Time: 15 min. | Cooking Time: 1 Hour. 15 min.

Ingredients:


All purpose flour/ Maida – 2 cups
Baking Soda – 1 tsp.
Salt – ¼ tsp.
Brown Sugar – 1½ cup
Olive Oil – ½ cup
Eggs – 3
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
Yogurt (Beaten) – 1 Cup
Ripe bananas – 2 (1 cup)
Walnuts – ½ cup or more
Butter/ Spray to grease the loaf pan




Method of Preparation:

~ Toast the walnuts on a heated pan for few minutes. Allow it to cool and chop them coarsely.
~ Mash the bananas and keep it aside.
~ Preheat the oven to 325 F. (160 C). Apply the butter to grease all sides of the 9”x5” bread loaf pan and keep it ready.
~ In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
~ Mix brown sugar and oil together in a separate bigger bowl.
~ Whisk in eggs one by one into this.
~ Add mashed bananas, vanilla and toasted walnuts.
~ Now add half of dry flour mix and yogurt. Gently fold in and do not over mix. Add in all the remaining flour and yogurt and do the same.
~ Pour the batter in the loaf pan and bake for 1 hr. Keep a watch and continue to bake until inserted toothpick comes out clean. It took me another 15 minutes.
~ Take the bread out and cool on a wire rack.
~ Slice up and enjoy. :o)

Sending this to Pumpkin Farm's Bake Fest started by Vardhini of Zesty Palette, Ramya's ABC Series: Desserts Event, Heath and Soul Bloghop @Alea's 


11 comments:

  1. Delicious combination of walnut and bnana.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. very inviting bread !! perfectly baked !!

    Ongoing Event - CC-Chocolate Fest

    ReplyDelete
  3. super combo....lovely bake

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfectly baked n moist bread..looks great Sumee..Belated bday wishes to ur husband..Wishing all of you a very Happy New year..

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking perfect baking bread

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks very nice, has come out very well, thanks for linking to the event

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for linking to my event..perfectly baked..love the texture

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favorite fall back recipe when I have over ripe bananas at home. Lovely. I am announcing Valentines Special – my 1st blog event and a Giveaway.!. Please do be a part of it and send in your recipes..! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious dear, You have a lovely space here. happy to follow your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1st tiem here..nice blog and lovely recipes..happy to follow u..Delicious and super combination of bread..looks yumm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...