- Cold Rice - 2 cups
- Olive Oil - 1 tsp.
- Garlic - 6 pods - sliced lengthwise
- Bell pepper - 1/2 - Seeded & lengthwise
- Carrots - 1 cup - cut in matchstick size
- Cabbage - 1 cup - cut lengthwise
- Peas - 1 cup - Steamed ahead of time
- Baby Spinach - 1 cup
- Chinese Chili Sauce - 1/2 tsp.
- Chinese Garlic Chili Sauce - 1 tsp.
- Worcheire Sauce - 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
~ Prepare rice ahead of time, best fried rice comes out of the cold rice. I used cold rice from previous day.
~ Heat oil in a wok. Add garlic and saute.
~ Keep the heat on high. Add pepper and carrots and saute for few minutes.
~ Add all the remaining veggies and saute for few more minutes. All the veggies should retain their crunch, so don't overcook.
~ Add all three sauces, very little salt to taste. Mix in with veggies.
~ Reduce the heat and add the cold rice to veggies. Mix well and take it off from heat.
Tip: Add some ketchup for kids to reduce the heat.
Check out my previous blog hop entries…
This is off to Radhika’s blog hop event.