Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wheat Butter Pecan Cookies

So officially I completed over 50 posts! Can’t believe it though. I initially started this blog as my diary to note down. I thought later probably it will be useful for my kids or I can point it to my friends who would always ask me for recipes. I didn’t realize that my culinary skills would interest people out there and I would make numerous friends in this blogosphere. Many of other bloggers have become part of my life I feel. So thank you for being there and being so supportive.

Today is also special since it’s my wedding anniversary. So I thought of posting something sweet for my hubby. He’s the one who wipes the plate clean when it’s sweet. Any dish with little hint of sweet is always an instant hit with him. So here I present to you my eggless wheat butter pecan cookies.


I can't really remember recipe source but I think it must have been something I had read in a magazine. It has evolved many ways now to come to perfection. Whenever I have prepared the cookies, they have vanished as though I never did them. My DS usually lurks around to check when I am pulling out the cookies to place on the rack. Then he attacks them and gives me sweet smile before dashing out, so I don’t stop him. I make variations to add different kinds of nuts in them, coz this is my best chance to get any kind of nuts in my kids. So you can leave out the nuts part, or use what you like.

Ingredients: 
  • Wheat Flour – 1 Cup (You can substitute with All-purpose flour/ Maida)
  • Pecan – ½ cup (I finely ground pecans to hide it with flour.J)
  • Sugar – ½ Cup (Adjust according to your taste. Lesser the better for us.
  • Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp. (Optional – I sometime use Vanilla/ Almond)
  • Melted Butter – ½ cup
  • Salt – ¼ tsp.


Method of Preparation:
~ Preheat the oven to 350 F [About 180 C]  
~ Sift the Flour, Pecan powder, Sugar and salt together in a mixing bowl.
~ Add melted butter and essence to this mix and make soft dough.
~ If it’s not coming together completely, add a tsp. of milk.
~ Make big balls out of the dough, roll it out using rolling pin and cut them to desired shapes.
~ Tip – If you don’t have cookie cutters, get creative; use small round/ square lids, cut templates and use knife to cut around. Or just use hand to make small balls and flatten them gently.
~ Line the baking sheet with foil, spray some butter (I use Olive Oil spray) and place the cookies.
~ Bake these in oven for 15 to 20 minutes until cookies turn golden brown. [Depends upon your oven type, temperature and thickness of the cookies]
~ Take out the cookies out of oven and put it on the rack after 2 minutes to cool.
~ Enjoy before they vanish. :o)  

 

6 comments:

  1. perfect looking cookies..Im sending an award to you.Please collect it from http://kurryleaves.blogspot.com/p/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious luking...awesomely prepared

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, cookies look perfect and yummy..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...