Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuna Kabobs

I am in India! Yes! I am sure my four weeks of vacation will zoom past me before I know it. My blog will be put on a slow gear for some time during this period. But nevertheless I wouldn’t have missed my blog hopping for anything. So I have planned ahead for these and here is my bloghopping for the day from Neha’s From My Heart.

Going through her blog, I thought I would try the baking something. Since I have never given bread a try, I zeroed on her banana bread recipe. But since my DH is a big fan of banana walnut bread, I modified it and fell flat on face. I did try a different banana walnut recipe and will be posting that soon. Coming back to blog hop I later tried her Tuna Kabob.  Oh they were just so good. It was very easy to prepare and we couldn’t stop snacking on it. So had to quickly take picture. I had never tried tuna in a kabob style so it was really refreshing.

I mostly stuck to her recipe making very few changes. Since I had made double the quantity of what is mentioned below, we had some leftovers for dinner. I simply heated them up and rolled it inside chapati and voila, kiddie wraps were ready.



Prep Time: 10 min. Cooking Time: About 7 to 10 min for a panful.

Ingredients:

White Tuna in water (no salt) - 1 Can
Onion – small ( about half a cup finely chopped)
Egg - 1
Potato – 1
Chaat Masala – ½ tsp.
Bread Crumbs – ½ cup
Green Chili – 2 (finely chopped)
Cilantro/ Coriander Leaves – handful.
Ginger – Lime size (grated)
Garlic – 3 pods (grated)
Oil to shallow fry
Salt to taste

Method of preparation:

~ In a microwave safe bowl cook potatoes. Grate and place in a mixing bowl.
~ Discard the water in tuna and add to the potatoes.
~ Add all other ingredients except oil and mix well. I used hands to give it a nice mix.
~ Make small patties out of the mixture and shallow fry on both sides.
~ Serve it hot with some green mint chutney and ketchup.


Note: Keep check on salt since tuna tends to be saltier.

Check out my previous blog hop entries

This is off to Radhika’s blog hop event.



11 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...