Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chocolate Balls

Last week was such a fun ride! Hubby surprised me by announcing that he would like me to accompany him to Florida... We decided to keep that as a secret with kids and whisked them away from their schools. On our way we told them that we were going to Disney! Two days at Disney theme parks have left a dent in my knees. 

For the first time we stayed at the resort itself. Animal Kingdom Lodge was our kids dream come true. It was totally kids friendly. We could see Zebra's, Crane's, Giraffe's roaming around from our balcony. And my my, the food everywhere was so delicious! Each one of the restaurants we tried was too good. I didn't take any pictures of food to come to think of it! Was too busy gorging. LOL. "Boma" and "Sanaa" at the lodge were the ones that stood out! Both were African-Indian themed restaurants. The atmosphere, hostesses and servers, everyone takes care of you as though you are the only guest over there. Isn't that amazing? 

Coming to today's recipe these Choco balls came out of me heating up the chocolate block directly in microwave coz I was on time crunch. For chocolate ganache I was heating up some chocolate blocks and completely forgot to do it in steps. It turned little harder than what I wanted, so I ended up adding stuff to it. They were such a hit that I started making these chocolate balls for my kids since then. 




Prep Time: 2 min | Cooking time: 2 min | Makes : Depends upon the size of the chocolate




Ingredients:

Chocolate block/ Chocolate Morsels - 1 Cup
Heavy Cream/ Juice/ Rum - Any cold liquid - 2 tbsp.
Graham Cracker Crumbs - 1 Cup
Dry fruits powder (Any kind of nuts would do) - 2 tbsp.
Dry fruits crumbs/ powdered sugar to roll the choco balls




Method of Preparation:

~ Heat chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute and then for 30 seconds.
~ Take it out and mix thoroughly, add cold heavy cream and crumbs. Roll it into required shapes.
~ Decorate them as needed.


Serving this @ Bon Vivant #12 - Quixotic Fixes - Check out this month's detail and giveaway.


And
Simply Tadka's Foodabulous Fest
Vardhini's Sweet Luv

13 comments:

  1. Simply lavish and delicious looking chocolate balls.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate my obsession, love ur version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...looks delicious..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so delicious.. Kids will love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. love anything chocolate this looks like a lovely treat

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so delicious n tasty chocolate balls....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also wanted to take kids there, i hope we can do this year. will ask you more details about resort. today i will surprise kids with this balls. its so quick and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing Linsy. In three days whatever I could I planned and it turned out super fun!

      Delete
  8. chocolate balls. or chocolate truffles who cares as long as its chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easy, quick & delish! Love your accidental discovery story! Can totally relate to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb clicks and yummy chocolate balls. Thx for linking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...