Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cheesy Sweet Corn & Peppers Breakfast Casserole - Favorite Bon Vivant of Dec/ Jan month

As in my numerous posts I say breakfast is an important meal of the day in my family. Everyone has to have it, no skipping. I have made casserole before for breakfast. It's very filling and leaves you satisfied. For Dec and Jan month Bon Vivant, when I saw this recipe of Broccoli Pepper and Cheese Breakfast Casserole, I instantly drawn to it because of the pictures. I decided to try it. I have already prepared it few times with few variations. Once I did this for lunch and let the kids mix everything. They were so happy that they wanted to eat bigger shares. :o)



This month I have been slacking writing on the blog, so the delay in posting this month Favorite Bon Vivant for the month. Denny of "Oh Taste n See" needs no introduction. She is a very versatile blogger and has such amazing variety of food spread over her blog. If you are looking for healthy and tasty diet food, hop over and check out her SBD section. You can keep scrolling on her Recipe Index and it won't end. 




Coming to today's recipe, I have used different vegetable combinations in it. Sweet corn and bell peppers was our favorite. I sneaked in greens every time. :o) Since I had lot of variation to original recipe I am listing my ingredients below. Check out her recipe. 

Prep Time : 15 min | Baking Time : 25 to 30 Mins | Serves : 6

Recipe Source : Denny's Oh Taste n See

Ingredients:

Eggs - 5
Milk - 3/4 Cup
Chickpea Flour/ Besan - 2 tbsp.
Parmesan Cheese - 1/2 Cup + 2 tbsp
Mozzarella Chesse - 1 cup
Bell Pepper - 1 - Chopped
Frozen Corn - 1 Cup (Thaw in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes)
Kale / Spinach leaves - 1 Cup (packed) - Finely Chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste



Method of Preparation:

~ Preheat the oven to 375 deg F.
~ Combine all the ingredients, sprinkle 2 tbsp of Parmesan Cheese on top.
~ Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
~ Enjoy this yummy, cheesy goodness when warm.

Thanks Denny for sharing this recipe on Healthy Appetite. Find the roundup of Bon Vivant #11 - Healthy Appetite here..


Serving this @ Bon Vivant #12 - Quixotic Fixes - Check out this month's detail and giveaway.


And

Simply Tadka's Foodabulous Fest
Vardhini's Bake Fest - @Surabhi's
Food Corner's Cook Like Celebrity Chef
Hema's Cooking with Love - Spouse
Simply Sensation's Let's Bake for valentine
Breakfast Club @Farmersgirl Kitchen

13 comments:

  1. I like dishes like these that let you sneak in some veggies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...looks nice & delicious.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very tempting... Is there a replacement for eggs?

    Event: Dish name starts with Q till Feb 28th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Akila, there are several egg replacement/egg substitute products that are available in stores. If you don't like to use them, in this casserole you could use silken tofu. Use 1/4 cup for each egg. Try adding little bit of mustard sauce to give the yellow effect and 2 tbsp. of oil. That might give the same texture.
      If you are baking cake/ bread, I always keep flaxseed flour.. Which is a great replacement for Egg. 1 egg = 1 tbsp. flour (mixed with 1 tbsp of water). Let me know if you have any questions.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sumee... Silken tofu should be ok I feel.. Will try soon and let u know... Bookmarking it dear...

      Delete
  4. we too treat breakfast as our important meal of the day...Like this baking dish...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think you use kale right? love that green so much. very nice breakfast casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eggs, veggies and cheese - definitely something I want to make, specially for my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great breakfast to prepare for the weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...