Friday, November 22, 2013

Cilantro Chutney/ Coriander Chutney/ Green Chutney Konkani Style


Last night I had made Idly and Chutney. When I posted the picture on my Facebook page, I got lot of inquiry for the chutney. The chutney that was in that picture was Celery Chutney. Then I noticed that I didn't had the green chutney recipe that I usually do. This is my mom's way of doing the chutney. This goes great not only with Idly and Dosa, you can put it on a sandwich and add some vegetables and voila your lunch sandwich is ready. This can be saved in the fridge for 3 or 4 days. While reusing, warm it a little bit in a microwave.

Ingredients:

To Grind:
Coconut - 1 and 1/2 Cup
Coriander/ Cilantro - a bunch (about a cup not packed)
Putani/ Dalia split lentil/ Hurigadale - 2 tbsp.
Tamarind concentrate - 1 tsp. extract
Green Chili - 4 to 5 (depends on the spiciness level you can handle)
Ginger - Half lemon size
Salt to taste

For Tempering:
Oil - 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Curry / Kadipatta leaves - 1 spring
Garlic - 1 Crushed
Red Chili - 1

Method of Preparation:

~ Grind everything in the ingredients list under "To Grind" to fine paste. You can check half way through on the spice, salt and add if needed. Take it out in a service bowl.
~ In a small pan heat oil, let the mustard start crackling, add crushed garlic, red chili and curry leaves.
~ Pour it over the prepared chutney. Serve it after mixing them.

This will go really good with
Rava Idly 
Urid Dosa
Oatmeal Dosa
Dill Dosa/ Sweet Green Dosa
Onion Uttappa
Pan Pole/ Neer Dosa/ Thin Lacey Dosa

2 comments:

  1. indeed a nice tangy chutney. love to dip even chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow very delicious and yummy chutney dear :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...