Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Dry Fruits and Nuts Burfi/ Dates Rolls



Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Busy with prepping, cooking already? I don't have to do much except take a dessert to my friends place where she's hosting Thanksgiving dinner. She asked for brownie, so I will soon be preparing my to go recipe of Double Chocolate Brownie.

My kiddos don't eat nuts except pistachio. If I don't powder it and put it in without their knowledge there is no way I can get them to eat them by themselves. These Dry fruit Rolls though are a hit with my son. He doesn't mind this, even though he can see all the chunks of dry fruits in. I have to admit first time it was hard to get him to have one bite... But after first bite there is no turning back. He usually gobbles down 2 or three. I have cut them in round, but you can always cut it into desired shapes. Try this dessert for the holiday and let the guest marvel over the taste.


Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 15 min | Makes : About 4 dozen

Ingredients:
Dates - 2 Cups Packed
Almond - 1 Cup
Pistachio - 1 Cup
Cashew Nuts - 1 Cup
Condensed Milk - 1 tbsp.
Ghee - 1 tsp.


Method of Preparation:

~ Pulse almond, pistachio and cashew nuts in a food processor for few seconds. We should have small pieces of it (not powder). Keep them aside.
~ In a thick bottomed vessel, heat ghee and dates. Once it's heated mash it using a potato masher.
~ Add condensed milk and cook for another 5 mins, it starts to come together.
~ Switch off the heat and add all the dry fruits.
~ Mix them together and leave it to cool a little bit.
~ Make roll out of the mixture and wrap it in parchment paper. Leave it in the refrigerator for half an hour, so you can cut them easily.
~ Take it out and cut them into discs. * Before cutting them you can roll them into dehydrogenated coconut flakes. I usually skip if I am leaving it out for long for kids to eat everyday.
~ Store them in an air tight container. They stay good on the counter for 2 to 3 weeks.


Sending these for Hearth and Soul Blog Hop.

7 comments:

  1. Delicious and tasty looking burfis. Must have tasted wonderful.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my!.. So fabulous the pic looks, so equal would be the taste too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very healthy rolls... Kids will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thas a really interesting snack, Sumee. and glad that it stays longer too. gud one.
    Hadnt been to blogsphere for some time. So just checking out on most of you. Hope you doing gud. Keep in touch...rgds...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious and healthy dry fruit and nuts rolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...