Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mango Fruit Salad

I have had many variations of this desert. I think it’s popular in US mainly because we get variety of fresh fruits here and let’s be honest; it’s very easy to do. :o) I did this last for my daughter’s birthday party. It was relished by one and all.
Ingredients:

Mango Puree – 1 can.
Heavy Whipping Cream – 1 pint
Assortment of Fruits [Apples, Strawberries, Blueberries, Pineapple chunks, Pears, Nectarines, black grapes, Guava, canned mandarin oranges are some of my favorites for this desert. I would hold on bananas since they tend to get darker quick] – 4 to 5 cups.

Method of Preparation:
~ Whisk heavy cream in a bowl. Add mango puree to it.
~ Cut all the bigger fruits into bite size chunks. Place it in the serving bowl. 
~ Chill them separately.
When ready to serve, pour the mango mixture on top of fruit assortment and mix.
Tips:
If you like it sweeter, add required quantity of sugar or condensed milk or honey during first step. I usually don’t use any sweetner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...