Friday, August 5, 2011

Corn and Mango Salad

Happy Birthday to my first born! I have planned a slumber party for him tonight. Nothing elaborate plans for the food part; just pizza and cake. But I really hope I will be able to handle over a dozen 6-8 yr olds. :o)

Here, I am posting his favorite summer salad. Last month we were having friends over for grill and I wanted to add something different kind of salad with corn. I put below recipe together and it came out really neat. Here is the salad and I am sure you will enjoy its refreshing taste.


Ingredients:
·         Frozen corn – 4 cups
·         Small cucumbers – 3 – 4 ( Diced about 2 cups)
·         Mango – 1 (Diced about 1 cup)
·         Tomatoes – 2 small (Diced about 1 cup)
·         Lime juice – 1 1/2 tbsp.
·         Olive Oil – 1 tsp.
·         Coarse pepper – 1 tsp.
·         Salt to taste
·         Fresh Cilantro/ Coriander leave – Chopped – 1 tbsp.

Method of Preparation:
~  Place the frozen corn in a microwavable dish. Microwave high for 2 minutes. Give it a stir and microwave again for a minute.
~  Take it out and put it in a colander for 5 minutes to drain any water that comes from corn.
~  Now place the corn in a salad bowl. Add small diced cucumbers, mangoes and tomatoes.
~  Add lemon juice, pepper and salt. Fold everything gently.
~  Now drizzle olive oil and add chopped cilantro.
~  Refrigerate for an hour before serving it.

Tips:~ I always pick hard tomatoes for this salad. Remove the seeds before dicing them.

Update:

Sending this to Mehjabeen's Iftar Nights event.


3 comments:

  1. I like your blog.It is very interesting. Thnx for sharing.The food looks delicious. liz
    http://izscorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments Liz. Pls let me know when you try some. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salad looks colourful...n definitely delicious....
    thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...