Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ginger Shrimp

I was getting ready to make shrimp with coconut one day and looked around at the Karahi chicken that I had made with coconut milk. So suddenly I decided to keep the shrimp light and go with whatever comes to my mind. It turned out to be a classic one, with unbelievable taste. I just loved the sauce that came out with it. Next time I am making this to top it on pasta!
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15 min. | Cooking Time: 15 min.

Ingredients:
·         Shrimp (uncooked) – 30 count
·         Onion – 1 medium – cut into thin strips
·         Ginger – 1 tbsp. full – Thinly cut into long sticks
·         Green Chili – 3 – slit
·         Curry Leaves – 10 to 12
·         Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
·         Dry Basil – 1 tsp.
·         Salt to taste
·         Oil – 1 tbsp.

Method of Preparation:
~ Wash and clean the shrimps. De-shelve, de-vein and clean it with water. Drain and keep aside.
~ Heat the oil in a pan. Once it’s hot, add green chilies and ginger.
~ Sauté for some time and add the curry leaves.
~ Now add onion and sauté until translucent. 
~ Add clean shrimp, salt and cook them until they start to turn pink (about 5 to 7 minutes).
~ Now add Turmeric powder and dried basil. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes and switch off the heat.
~ Enjoy just as a side or with rice or with some pasta. No matter how you decide to eat, you will dig into this flavorful dish. :o)


Sending this to Srav's What's for Friday Dinner? event


7 comments:

  1. HI Sumee, this shrimp curry looks delicious, I better try it out as I love shrimps! and thanks for popping by and following my lil humble space..i'm happy to follow you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sure treat for sea food lovers!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  3. this recipe is new to me, looks great, first time here, glad to follow u, do drop at my space too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shrimp curry looks superb...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the strong flavour of ginger in recipes. This shrimp curry looks delicious..
    Thanks a ton for visiting my blog, and your valuable comment. Hope to see you again

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  6. just love this...wonderful presentation sumee..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sea food and prawn is my favourite..:)
    Too good..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...