Papdi chaat is great comfort food. I had a different kind of presentation of papdi chaat at my friend Shweta’s house a few years back. Instead of serving in bowls, she had separately arranged each flat puris. I liked that idea since it can be served as an appetizer. Whenever I have made trays of this, it’s gone in minutes at parties.
· Flat puris – 1 packet (Contains about 50 to 60 puris, available in Indian stores)
· Thin Sev – 1½ cup
· Onion – 1 cup (thinly chopped)
· Tomato – 1 cup (thinly chopped)
· Potatoes – 2 cups (Boiled, peeled and cubed)
· Green Chutney – 2 tbsp.
· Tamarind Chutney – 2 tbsp.
· Coriander leaves to garnish.
· Thick yogurt – ½ cup
· Chaat Masala Powder – ½ tsp.
· Red Chili powder – ½ tsp.
· Salt to taste for yogurt
Method of Preparation:
~ Add Chaat masala, Chili powder and salt to yogurt and mix them.
~ Arrange flat puris in a tray.
~ Now top all the puris with tiny bits of potato and then Onion.
~ Spoon over little bit of yogurt mixture on each and then put green and tarmarind chutney on top.
|Almost ready to top it off with Sev|
Sending this is Ayeesha's Anyone can cook series.