Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kale Breakfast Smoothie

My lil one had a bad cold yesterday. So I called mom to figure out what I can make so she can breathe easy. Mom recommended some home remedy. She was all perky and happy today morning. I asked her how did she feel after the drink. She said, with wonder in her eyes, "Amma (Grandma) is Genius Mommy. She is doctor or what! I feel better already!" LOL, I had such a good laugh after hearing this 3 year old. 




Well coming to this smoothie, it had nothing to do with above situation. But this is what I had for my breakfast. I soon realized I haven't blogged it, so took some quick pictures to go with it. All in all, it took me just extra 2 minutes of my morning for that. This super easy, nutrient and mineral rich smoothie is sure to delight you. It's so filling that you won't be hungry for few hours. 




Kale is one of my favorite for breakfast, I usually make this or the spicy smoothie version. You can make these Kale Chips with it too. Kale is supposed to help boost immunity. So go ahead grab some while grocery shopping today.

Prep Time : 2 min | Makes : One Tall glass




Ingredients:

Kale leaves - 1 Cup (packed)
Banana - 1
Pineapple pieces - 1/2 Cup
Almond Milk/ Coconut Milk/ Skimmed Milk - 1 Cup
Quick Oats - 1/2 Cup


Method of Preparation:

~ Put everything in a blender and mix until smooth.



Sending this to ongoing Bon Vivant #11 - Healthy Appetite
Vardhini's New U,
Simply.Food's Let's Cook Healthy Breakfast,
Veg Junction's Healthy Diet - Smoothies
Breakfast Club at Farmersgirl Kitchen
CookCookandCook andThoushaltcook's – Mission Breakfast at Nivedhanam



14 comments:

  1. Kale Smoothie - I would never have thought of that! I have used kale for curries, with lentils and salads. This is something new to me - will try it sometime...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise you will like it. Especially if you like little tart taste

      Delete
  2. Very new to me!!! heard about Chips and Salads, Smoothie looks like an easy option!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wonderful healthy smoothie..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great smoothie
    http://dailychoresrecorded.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very healthy smoothie. Loved the color

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what healthy dose of breakfast. super food to charge you all day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Sounds very new to me. I mean I am consider a bit crazy whenit comes to combos and you are snatching away the title from me. LOL!! Will try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.. Sure do. I am sure you will love it.

      Delete
  8. I always run away from greens except spinach...now i got a way to take Kale into my diet..thanks for the post buddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't feel a thing. You can have your greens in many ways too. Fresh greens give you extra boost of minerals.

      Delete
  9. Unbelivable use of Kale!!! so healthy and rich in nutrition... Thanks for sending this to my event!!! looking for more yummy recipes!!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Breakfast
    Ongoing Event - Tried and Tasted - Raks Kitchen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...