Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Multi-grain Pancake/ Buttermilk pancake

I have been preparing these pancakes for longest time that I can remember. I hadn't thought of blogging about it, probably coz I never get to take a picture of it. Before I know it, I serve everyone hot pancake and no time to take picture. At last over the weekend tried to remember and take a few quick picture before they disappeared.

Had read some basic recipe of pancake, but tweaking is a way of cooking right! So that recipe was tweaked and here is my healthier version. Kiddos haven't had any other way than the multi-grain flour. It's my little ones favorite. You can bet that given a choice she will have that everyday for the breakfast.




Some changes to make it interesting -->
~ Adding fruits, like bits of banana's or blue berries. Little one is against finding any of it, so once her's is done I drop in few for everyone else.
~ I crush fruit loops serial in a Ziploc bag and mix it in the pancake and call it my RAINBOW pancake. :)
~ While dropping the mixture on hot pan, use a small spoon and drop one after the other to give a swirling effect on the pancake as above.

Prep Time : 5 min | Cooking Time : 2 minutes each | Serves: 4 


Ingredients:

Multi-grain flour - 1 cup 
Baking Soda - 1 tsp. (optional) - I skip mostly
Salt - 1/2 tsp.
Sugar - 1 tsp.
Egg - 1 (optional)
Buttermilk - 1/2 cup (Or Yogurt - 2 tbsp.- Beat with 1 tbsp of water)
Olive oil - 1 tbsp.
Milk - 1/2 cup (more if required for consistency)




Method of Preparation:

~ In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt and sugar. 
~ In another bowl, beat egg. Make a well in the center and pour in egg, buttermilk and olive oil. 
~ Add milk and mix all the ingredients thoroughly making sure no lumps are formed. 
~ Heat a griddle or pan over medium heat. 
~ Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using about 2 tbsp of the mix. 
~ Brown on both sides.
~ Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.


Sending this to ongoing Bon Vivant #11 - Healthy Appetite
and Vardhini's New U
Simply.Food's Let's Cook Healthy Breakfast 
CookCookandCook andThoushaltcook's – Mission Breakfast at Nivedhanam



10 comments:

  1. Delicious and healthy pancake we are pancake loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply lavish and delicious looking pancakes. Excellent preparation.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definitely be trying this one, specially the "Rainbow" version for my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is so healthy and a perfect way to start the day!!! delicious breakfast!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Breakfast
    Ongoing Event - Tried and Tasted - Raks Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy and yummy pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Healthy pancake.. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are loaded with grains, nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...