Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Spicy Tropical Green Smoothie

This is one of my favorite smoothies to have in the morning. It's very filling and the spicy kick leaves you with wanting more. You can alternate with any fresh green vegetable you like. This is my kids favorite too. They don't realize that they are having a vegetable in that with so many fruits packed in. 

I use Kale mainly because, while juicing a green vegetable you get the maximum benefit of gaining most of vitamins and mineral. Kale is rich in calcium and has one of the fewest calories, a cupful is only about 30 to 40 calories. Since I have been watching my calorie intake, Kale has been a blessing in disguise. Try it out and let me know how you liked this spicy yummy treat.


Prep Time: 5 min | Makes: 2 large glasses

Ingredients:

Kale/ Spinach/ - 2 Cup packed
Mango cubes - 1 Cup (Frozen)
Pineapple cubes - 1 Cup (Frozen)
Banana - 1 (Optional)
Lime juice - 1 tbsp
Cayenne Pepper/ Chili powder - 1/2 tsp. (Use discretion)
Coconut milk/ Almond milk/ Milk/ Water - 2 Cup

 
















Method Of Preparation:
~ Blend everything up into a smoothie.
Note: Use icecubes instead of water if all fresh fruits are used.
Linking these up to two events going on in my space.
Bon Vivant #6 - Sunny Refreshing Drinks
and SYF&HWS Series - Red Chili, brain child of Anu , guest hosted by me all this month.

And to Serve It - Blended hosted by Krithi, started by Denny
Showcase - Fun In Sun hosted by Divya
Love Lock with Juices and Milkshakes @Recipe World



9 comments:

  1. very innovative and refreshing smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. very new to me, just like to sip now. Perfectly made. Inviting you to visit my space at your leisure, http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 04, 2012

    this is brilliant - I've just bookmarked it!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. very healthy smoothie.. Interesting recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very healthy n delicious smoothie..will try it for sure!
    Thanks for linking it to my event dear..as per the Event rules, please join my space via Google friend connect or Facebook. Also, I appreciate the usage of event logo :)
    Thanks in advance, wish to see some more entries from you!

    Cheers!
    Vani

    Ongoing Event: Love Lock With Juices & Milkshakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great recipe. Have shared it on my Facebook Page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...