Monday, July 25, 2011

Cucumber Yogurt Salad / Cucumber Raita

Today picked lot of cucumber from my garden. This particular kind is so tasty that whenever I bite into one, I always think, “Cool as Cucumber”.


Well, after picking them today I thought I will add a quick raita alongside rice pulav rather than just slicing and serving them. I prepared the same dish that my sister Vandana made when she was here last summer. It was very different from what I had eaten before. And she is a master of presentation too. I tried to recreate the same and this recipe has been reviewed by her. :o)

Ingredients:
·           Cucumber – 3 small ones
·           Yogurt – 2 cups
·           Chat masala – ½ tsp.
·           Mint leaves – ½ tsp. cut very fine
·           Salt to taste
·           Chili powder – ½ - 1 tsp.
·           Jeera / Cumin powder – ½ tsp.


Method of Preparation:
~  Wash and remove the ends of cucumber. Gently scrape of the skin if you don’t like it. Otherwise leave the skin on. Grate cucumber and squeeze out some of the water.
~  Beat the yogurt. Add chat masala, mint leaves and salt.
~  Add cucumber to the yogurt mixture. If you want to make it thinner, use the squeezed out water from cucumber.
To serve, decorate with chili powder and jeera powder. Top it with two leaflets of coriander.





Serves:  About 4 People
Prep Time: 5 to 7 minutes



Tips:
·     If the yogurt is sweet then, add a tsp. of lemon juice for tanginess.


3 comments:

  1. And how would you serve this? Sure looks nice and creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments. It served best with Rice Pulav or just as a side dish. It is good after a spicy meal too. Instant coolant to your stomach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sumee. I made this for BHW. It was great. Loved the addition of chaat masala :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...