Monday, March 31, 2014

Roasted Brussel Sprouts


Initially when I discovered how great brussel sprouts are in terms of nutritional values, I was excited and wanted to try. Well I have to admit my attempts were failed miserably. I realized, I tried to "Indianize" it by using some of our spices. So I went and got it again to try. This time I let it sit little longer in the refrigerator, that brought out it's STRONG smell out. Which put me off before I could even try cooking with it. I swore off against buying them and wasting.

Down the line, again I wanted to give them a try. This time I kept it simple and did these roasted brussel sprouts! Oh My. We are all converts now at home. These are not only beautiful to look, it's crunchy from outside and soft inside. The benefits of brussel sprouts are outstanding. They are high in Vitamin K and C and tons of beneficial vitamins and minerals. To read more on the benefits visit here. I wanted to share my experience with you all, to give you a sense of what to expect with Brussel sprouts. Also, never give up on trying out new veggies. :o)

Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 25 min | Serves : 4

Ingredients:

Brussel Sprout - 1 Pound
Garlic - 3 or 4 cloves, chopped fine.
Olive Oil - 1 tsp.
Salt - 3/4 tsp.
Pepper - 1/2 tsp, fresh ground
Lime Juice - 1/2 tsp.

Method of Preparation:

~ Preheat the oven to 350 deg Fahrenheit.
~ Wash and chop brussel sprouts into half.
~ In a large bowl mix olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss the brussel sprouts in it.
~ Line a cookie sheet with foil, spray lightly and arrange the brussel sprouts on it.
~ Bake for 20 min. in the oven.
~ Take out toss with garlic and continue to bake for another 5 min.
~ Transfer to serving bowl and squirt the lime juice on top and toss.


Sending this to  Hearth And Soul Blog Hop Favorites event @MaNiche, BakeFest#29 @VersatileRecipesProjectInspiredTurnItUpTuesdayIn&OutOfTheKitchenAnythingGoesRecipeOfTheWeekShareYourStuffCreativeCornerDareToShare, TryANewRecipeHeartsForHomeDIYSundayBragAboutItFoodFridayPinWorthyProjectsSweet&SavoryFavoriteThingsFridayFrenzyShowliciousSaturdayNightFeverHappinessIsHomemadeShareItSundayMeltInYourMouthMondayWhat'dYouDoThisWeekendMuchAdoAboutMonday, TryANewRecipeTastyTuesdayChefInTraining, TheYuckStopsHere

10 comments:

  1. You are sure tempting me. To try this new vegetable..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this vegetable, its so versatile. yummy dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy and something new for me to try

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look scrumptious and I adore Brussels sprouts - especially made simply like this. Parmesan or blue cheese is yummy on them if you like a little cheesy topping.
    I stopped over from Share Your Stuff Tuesdays to check out your yummy recipe and invite you to share your talents with my new link party The Yuck Stops Here. It will be open until this Friday evening, April, 4th and will open again next Monday evening at 8pm EST. Stop by http://mommasangelbaby.com to link up! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. am afraid brussel sprouts are not that common around here...would love to try your recipe when and if I get my hands on them! :)
    looks refreshingly good!

    thanks so much for sharing and linking over at Food Friday!
    enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious! I love brussels sprouts but haven't made them in a while....thanks for the new recipe to try and for sharing with us at Saturday Night Fever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to make some soon! Thanks for sharing at the My Favorite Things Party. Hope to see you again this week Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks SO good! Now I'm hungry, lol. :-) Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you can join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2012/02/look-what-we-did-wednesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post, It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post, i hope everyone will like your post..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...