Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Oatmeal Truffles


I have to say I was scratching my head for a while to think what I should name these. Eventually I said let's call it oatmeal Truffles. Reason why it was hard was I have put in so many goodies in it. No matter what you choose to call it, these truffles are healthy and tasty at the same time. They are loaded with fiber. When you want to increase the fiber intake for yourself or for your family, this one is a easier way to do.
The measurements are really mostly rough estimates, you can add or remove the things that you like. It's very versatile and you can change it according to your palette.

Prep Time: 10 min | Makes about: 24
* Serving Size: 1 | Calories: 72 | Carbs: 14 | Fat: 2 | Protein: 2 | Sugar: 8 | Sodium: 1

Ingredients:
Apricot - 1 Cup
Craisins (Dried cranberry) - 1/2 Cup
Dates (Pitted) - 1 Cup
Prunes - 1/2 Cup
Oatmeal - 3/4 Cup
Cocoa Powder - 2 tbsp
Molasses - 2 tbsp
Brown Sugar (Optional) - 1/3 Cup
Chia Seeds (Optional) - 2 tbsp
Desiccated Coconut - 1 Cup

Method of Preparation:
~ Place apricot, craisins, dates and prunes in a food processor. With processor running, add all other items one by one. The mass should come together.
~ Once done, take out and make little truffles.


Note:
~ I add coconut last, so that the texture remains in the truffles.
~ I sometimes roll these in some coconut flakes to give it a professional look.

Sending this to  Hearth And Soul Blog Hop Favorites event @MaNicheProjectInspiredTurnItUpTuesdayTastyTuesdayChefInTrainingIn&OutOfTheKitchenAnythingGoesRecipeOfTheWeekDoTellTuesdayShareYourStuffCreativePartyCreativeCornerDareToShareTryANewRecipeBragAboutItMaMadeFoodFridayPinWorthyProjectsSweet&SavoryFavoriteThingsShineASpotlightShowliciousSaturdayNightFeverHappinessIsHomemadeShareItSundayMeltInYourMouthMondayWhat'dYouDoThisWeekendMuchAdoAboutMonday

12 comments:

  1. Well I am making this, as some of the containers will finish. Its so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these at What'd You Do This Weekend. Hope you come back next week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious - and healthy - treat! I know I am going to love this! bookmarked (again!) :)

    appreciate much your sharing and linking over at Food Friday!
    enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound so delicious. I'm allergic to coconut but I know my kiddos would love them. Thank you for sharing your recipe with us at The MaMade Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this looks like a delicious treat! Thanks again for sharing at My Favorite Things Party. Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yumm! These look like perfectly sweet little healthy bites...my kids would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are super pretty and pretty darn healthy, right? Thanks so much for linking up with #recipeoftheweek. I've pinned this post and have scheduled to tweet shortly :) Hope to see you linking up again soon! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love oats, these looks fantastic and being healthy makes it an added bonus. This has been featured as one of my favourites on Sweet and Savoury Sunday! Stop by, grab a button and link up again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious truffles, thanks sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look wonderful! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you can join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/03/try-new-recipe-tuesday-april-1st.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...