Friday, May 24, 2013

Carrot Cake Breakfast Smoothie

Carrots are famously known for beta-carotene and vitamin A, which promote good eye sight. My mom would randomly drop in while I was studying and shake a carrot in front of me (literally) and say snack on this, your eye sight will be good. You see I was the only one with glasses in the family. :o)




And then there was a time when I was in high school I was very skinny and was getting tired all the time. My blood count showed that I had low level hemoglobin. My dad had taken me to an old Ayurvedic doctor during this period. One look at me and he said, she needs to eat more carrots. He asked me to just blend one carrot every day and drink it up in the morning. "If you follow this for a month, your cheeks will be of carrot's color!", is what he said. :o) I did that for few days, but I totally hated it. Since all I was putting in was carrots!

Last few years I have been juicing, carrot has been integral part of it. I just pop in a few in many of my smoothies. But recently I added few additional things when I saw a carrot cake smoothie on one of the raw veggies sites. It was really yummy. Almost like having a carrot cake but hey with hardly any calories compared to the real one. 




Prep Time : 5 min | Makes : 8 oz glass

Ingredients:

Carrot - 1 large
Banana - 1
Quick Oats - 1/2 Cup
Protein Powder - 1 tbsp. (optional)
Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp.
Vanilla Essence 1/2 tsp.
Almond/ Coconut Milk - 3/4 Cup
Water - 1/2 Cup
Coconut Shavings and/ or Almond slices - Few to top (optional)




Method of Preparation:

~ Peel and cut chunks of carrot.
~ Place all the ingredients (except the toppings) in a blender and blend it until smooth.
~ Top it with coconut shavings and almond slices and enjoy the heavenly goodness at your fingertips.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting combo.. Smoothie looks super yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. sumee just to note...above comment is spam i suppose!
    this recipe looks super delicious and tummy filling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect healthy breakfast

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...