Saturday, February 1, 2014

Chicken Kabob Bites



These Chicken Kabob Bites are very easy compared to any appetizers I make in terms of cooking method and time. But my only complain about this is when I really have to make those little balls of the chicken mixture. It takes easily about 15 to 20 minutes. Still nothing compared to some of the other appetizers right. To top it, not only it's protein packed, it has hidden goodies.

I came up with these little kabob bites a while ago, when experimenting with what all dishes I could come out with ground chicken. My kids literally live on this one dish if they could. Even when I make these for parties or families who come over, most of them fill themselves with this. So whenever I plan on having kabob bites for appetizer, I tend to keep rest of the menu very simple. Because there will be not many takers. And whoever had asked if this recipe was on my blog, I would wonder why haven't I put it up for so long. Even when I tell them the recipe they wanted me to put it up on the blog to share their love for these. I at last overcame from pure laziness of clicking pictures and eventually here it is.


Prep Time: 30 min | Cooking Time: 10 min *

Ingredients:

Ground Chicken - 1 pound (About 1/2 kg)
Grated Zuchini/ Carrot - 1 Cup
Spinach (or any greens) - 1 Cup (Chopped fine)
Bread Crumbs - 1 cup bread crumbs
Egg - 2 large
Parsley/ Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup chopped
Shredded cheese - 3/4 cup
Chili Powder - 1 tsp.
Ginger - 1 lemon size, grated
Garlic - 3 pods - grated
Salt to taste

Method of Preparation:

~ In a wide mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients except ground meat.
~ Lastly add chicken and GENTLY combine the mixture.
~ Line two baking sheets with foil and spray them.
~ Now make small balls of the mixture (gently please) and arrange them with an inch of distance, on the foil.
~ Broil** them for 10 minutes, turning them once in-between. Time depends upon how close or far you are from broiler. I keep it at first level
~ Serve them with once hot sauce/ ketchup/ green chutney.


Note:
~ Do not add meat until all other ingredients are combined. Mix only until combine once meat is added. That's the secret to getting juicy meatballs.
~ Any other kind of ground meat can be used. I often use lean turkey meat.
~ * Cooking time is dependent upon the size of the meat balls.
~ ** If you don't have oven with broiler, you can always pan fry these.

4 comments:

  1. Great invention for the awesome blend of flavors esp cheese and spinach. Never made anything close to it and the recipe is kept aside to be tried out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great invention for the awesome blend of flavors esp cheese and spinach. Never made anything close to it and the recipe is kept aside to be tried out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx Nava.. Try it, you and your family will love it.

      Delete
  3. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...