Friday, February 21, 2014

Mashed Sweet Potato


Mashed potatoes are a staple food over here in US. We like mashed sweet potatoes or yams better than the white potatoes. It's much more flavorful I think. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE potatoes, ask anyone in my family. But somehow mashed potatoes never interested me enough. Potatoes need some more perking up with added butter or cheese or sour cream. Sweet potatoes, just boiled also tastes so good and they are high in fiber and Vitamin A. So here is a simple recipe for mashed sweet potato that I do.

Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 15 min | Serves: 6

Ingredients:

Cubed Sweet Potatoes - About heaped 3 cups
Milk - 2 Cups
Salt - 1/2 tsp.
Pepper - 1 tsp.
Cayenne Pepper (optional) - 1/2 tsp.
Paprika - 1 tsp.
Dry Parsley - 1 tsp.


Method of Preparation:
~ Add milk and sweet potatoes in a wide pan and bring the milk to boil. Keep a check, so it doesn't burn the bottom.
~ Check with a fork if sweet potatoes are done after about 10 min. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked add all other remaining ingredients. Using a potato masher, slowly mash all the sweet potatoes to combine.
~ Serve it warm.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely looking dish of mashed sweet potatoes. Wonderful preparation.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow very very tempting spiced mashed potatoes :) looks yumm !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like sweet potato that much. Think I can try this way as this is interesting...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...