Monday, March 18, 2013

Turkey Ragu


Since my kids love kheema, I keep trying several variety to keep their interest. I had seen this recipe on Rachel Ray show, though I think it varied in few places. I tried it the way I remembered and it turned out pretty good. This dish is pretty hardy and can be just served with side of starch. I am sure this can be made with soy meat too. 

Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time : 25 min | Serves : 6

Ingredients:

Ground Turkey kheema - 1 lb.
Shredded Carrots, Onion, Zucchini - About a cup
Garlic - 5 to 7 cloves
Dry Rosemary - 1 tsp.
Chicken stock - 1/2 Cup
Tomato Sauce - 8 oz can
Olive oil - 1 tbsp.
Salt 
Pepper/ Chili Powder




Method of Preparation:

~ Heat oil in a wide bottomed vessel, add turkey meat and cook until brown.
~ Add all the veggies, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper
~ Once the veggies are almost done, add chicken stock and tomato sauce. Bring it to one boil.
~ Serve it hot over Spaghetti or Polenta.


Sending this to Bon Vivant #13 - Kids Delight going on now @SumeesCulinary.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for treating us visually with this lovely tyrkey preparation.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. got to try this because turkey will have different taste if its like our kima

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flavourful dish nice clicks too

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks delicious. with same ingredinets i make soya one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosemary and Poultry ... is always a winning combination, right? I would like to try this with ground chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried this with chicken too, it tastes great.. Ground meat is all what you need.

      Delete
  6. Hi sumee,
    Beautiful turkey and looks fab.Thanks for sharing.

    Wonderful and exciting award is waiting for you in my place, please collect it.
    http://priyas-virundhu.blogspot.co.uk/p/awards.html

    Will be happy if you follow me back.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sumee...You are turning into one amazing cook. Keep going girl! Have to try this recipe sometime. I usually make a different version of this for a shepherd pie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sumee!
    Passing on my Liebster Award...
    http://thegoddessofspice.blogspot.com/2013/03/my-very-first-blogging-recognition.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! this looks so yum and picture perfect. Do visit my blog and participate in my event with giveaways. http://merrytummy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/one-year-recap-event-and-3-giveways.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...