Friday, December 7, 2012

Multigrain eggless Banana Muffin/ bread

I usually end up with very ripe bananas which no one wants to touch. I constantly use them in my smoothies. But now with cold weather swooping in, it's not every day that I can have smoothies for breakfast. So I have been using up lot of bananas in the recipes. 

I have made these as muffins and also baked as bread. Personally I loved bread, probably because I had loaded them with walnuts. Kids loved muffins for their snack at school and home. 

Prep Time: 15 min | Baking Time: About 30 mins | Makes: 16


Recipe Source - Joy of Baking

Ingredients:

Multi-grain flour - 2 cups
Baking powder - 1 tsp.
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp.
Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp.
Flax-seed meal - 2 tbsp. (or you can use 2 eggs)
Milk - 1/2 cup
Maple Syrup - 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
Mashed Banana - 1 1/2 cup (About 3 or 4 very ripe banana)
Canola or Olive Oil - 1/4 Cup
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp.
Walnuts - 1/2 cup coarsely chopped or powdered.

Same batter different look!

Method of Preparation:

~ Soak flax-seed meal in milk and keep it aside.
~ Prepare the muffin pan with spray or line them and keep it ready.
~ Preheat the oven at 375 F.
~ Mix all the five dry ingredients listed at the beginning.
~ In a separate bowl, with a hand mixer at a very low speed mix all the wet ingredients, maple syrup, mashed banana, olive oil, vanilla extract, flax-seed mixture with brown sugar.
~ Now with a wooden spoon mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing enough to combine. Do not over mix.
~ Spoon out the mixture into prepared muffin tins.
~ Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until nice brown crust forms and inserted toothpick comes out clean.



Sending this off to Bon Vivant#10 - Festive Feasts going on at my space. 



And to Cook's Joy - Bake Fest#14,
Roshni's Show me your Hits
Spotlight - Healthy Baking @Recipe Junction,
FoodOMania's Christmas Cook-off
Priya's 60 Days to Christmas

8 comments:

  1. thanks for linkng to the event. i also made soem banana muffins recently

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy and flavorful muffins Sumee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy and moist.I love banana bread.Nice recipe.Glad to follow you Sumee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my fav recipe

    Iam back to blogging...Plz..visit 1ce dear...
    Visit my new
    face book page
    http://www.facebook.com/Mahaslovelyhome?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks wonderful delicious and healthy eggless muffin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey looks very moist Sumee. Makes a great snack on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muffins look inviting. Thx for linking.

    Vardhini
    Event: Bake Fest

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bread is my favourite!!! love them and they do so much justice with loads of nuts in the them!!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - CWF - Whole Wheat Flour
    Ongoing Event - Eggless Bakes and Treats
    Ongoing Event - SYF&HWS - Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...