Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Brown Sugar Cinnamon Lemon Cookies

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all are enjoying the festivities and goodies with your family and friends. I made these cookies yesterday for Santa Claus's visit, which combines all of my son's favorite things. Brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon flavor. :o). This was inspired by the recipe found here


Santa Claus in the picture is very special to my heart. It was a gift from my Mexican friend who is no more. Every time I see it, I remember her kind smile and the fun that we both used to have together. Her love for us was so unconditional. She must be singing and dancing to 'Feliz Navidad' up there in heaven. We miss you Julie. 

I have baked this few times and kiddos wanted me to make snow man with it yesterday. Since I didn't had much time to sit and cut through the dough, I made a snowman and snow-woman, asked them to dress them up and everything else around them was snow balls. :o). I could hardly get two pictures and the snowman and woman were perished by the kids.



Ingredients:

Multi-grain flour/ all-purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups 

Ground cinnamon - 1 1/2 tsp. 
baking powder - 1 tsp.
salt - 1/4 tsp.
Brown sugar - 1 cup 
Butter - 1/2 cup  or 1 stick
Egg - 1
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp. 
Lemon Extract - 1 tsp.
Grated lemon & lime zest - 1/2 tsp.  
cinnamon & sugar mixture - 2 tbsp. to roll the cookies in.




Method of Preparation:


~ In a small bowl, sieve flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. 

~ In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until soft peaks form.
~ Beat in eggs, essences and lemon zest. 
~ Add the flour in batches. Mix well.
~ Cover and refrigerate for about an hour to firm the dough.
~ Preheat the oven to 350 deg Fahrenheit.
~ Shape into desired form and sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar mixture or roll it into the mix.
~ Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until slightly browned.
~ Wait for few minutes and transfer them to cooling rack.


Sending this off to Bon Vivant#10 - Festive Feasts going on at my space. 


And to Cook's Joy - Bake Fest#14,
Roshni's Show me your Hits
FoodOMania's Christmas Cook-off

3 comments:

  1. Delicious cookies, love the citrus flavor. Happy new year to you and family. Thanks for linking Favorite recipes: Christmas recipes. I am your new follower in Google connect, please like my page and follow the Google connect, I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...