Monday, March 5, 2012

Roasted Baby Potatoes

I recently caught a glimpse of baby red potatoes getting roasted beautifully in a pan on Giada's show on food network. Potatoes are my favorite and that glimpse of it was enough for me to try my own version. I eyed tiny yellow baby potatoes at Trader Joe's and I jumped for them. Below is the recipe that I treated to myself I think. Though my kids and DH loved it, I kept nibbling on it throughout the process and half of it was gone by the time it made it to the dining table. :o). Try these and believe me, you won't regret it.


Prep Time: 1 min | Cooking Time: 15 min. | Serves: (Depends) - 2 to 4 :o)
Ingredients:

Baby Potatoes - 1 lb/ 400gm
Garlic - 3 or 4 cloves, crushed
Rosemary - Fresh or Dried - 1 tsp.
Chili Powder/ Pepper - 1/2 tsp.
Olive Oil - 1 tsp.
Salt to taste


Method of Preparation:

~ Bring a pot of water to boil. Add salt and washed baby potatoes.
~ Cook on high for about 7 to 10 minutes until potatoes get JUST tender. You can make out the potatoes almost cooked when there is froth begins to appear. Switch off and close with a lid.
~ Meanwhile, in a wide roasting pan, heat olive oil.
~ Add crushed garlic, rosemary and chili powder. Roast for few seconds until the raw smell of garlic and chili powder is gone.
~ Drain the water from potatoes, gently press each potato with a spoon to slightly crush it and add it to the roasting pan.
~ Coat all the potatoes gently and continue to roast while tossing them for about 5 minutes.
~ Serve them hot as a savory snack or side for baked fish or grilled chicken.

Notes:
~ You can bake these instead of boiling. Just combine all the ingredients with potatoes, pierce with fork and put it in the oven for 30 to 40 mins at 350 deg F.
Linking these up for my event "Bon Vivant #2 - Savory Items"


And also to Resh's Comfort Food, Nayna's Let's Cook Speedy Snacks, Rasi's I am the Star events


15 comments:

  1. my mouth is just watering!potatoes and garlic.......yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to grab that bowl.. Looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...potatoes are a weakness and this looks so good !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those beautifully roasted baby potatoes..looks super

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love roasted potatoes & these baby potatoes looks great with any thing! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow....yummy baby potatoes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks awesome...bookmarked

    Aarthi
    http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks delicious n yummy!!
    Please contribute your entries (old or new )EP Series-Cilantro /Cumin Event

    Erivum Puliyum

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are my fav too.. can have them anytime..in fact all time.. Thanks for linking it to the event sumee :)

    Ongoing Event: I'm a STAR

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so yumm!!! Wish I could pop one into mouth :D


    Do vote for your favourite recipes in the Gimme GREEN entries!

    Chef Al dente On going event: Gimme GREEN!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...