Thursday, January 23, 2014

Tomato And Mozzarella Salad/ Caprese Salad


This Caprese salad is for the cheese lovers. To be precise mozzarella cheese lovers. Which we are at my place. First time when I had this salad at a American party I was just wowed. Then I realized it's very simple salad and can be prepared in jiffy. Make sure you get good quality mozzarella cheese for this. Also I personally like grape tomatoes, since they are sweeter than cherry tomatoes, but you can always use other types of tomatoes for this. They just have to firm variety and cut them to cube size.

Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 0 | Serves: 4 to 6 people

Ingredients:

Small Grape or Cherry Tomatoes - 1 and 1/2 Cup
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese - 1/2 lb
Fresh Basil Leaves - Big handful (finely chopped)
Olive Oil - 2 tbsp.
Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

Method of Preparation:

~ Wash and cut tomatoes in half. Pat dry mozzarella cheese (if it's in a tub) and cut it into cubes.
~ Add chopped basil with drizzle of lemon juice.
~ Sprinkle little salt and gently mix everything. Refrigerate for an hour if possible.
~ Drizzle olive oil just before serving.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely caprese salad, I can just live on this for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy and cheesy salad. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that an deliicous caprese salad :) those colors are tempting me !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple yet lovely. I have basil growing in my garden and sure I know what to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...