Friday, October 5, 2012

Tofu and Spinach Stirfry

My kids love paneer. But sometimes I use tofu instead of that and they eat without really noticing it. This stir fry is one of their favorites. I love the crunchiness of the crust and soft tofu inside. It's loaded with protein and minerals. Make it and enjoy the delight on kids face when they devour it.




Prep Time: 10 min| Cooking Time: 15 min| Serves: 5

Ingredients:
Tofu (firm) - 1 block
Spinach (packed) - 3 bowls
Yellow Squash (optional) - 1
Red Wine vinegerette/ Lemon juice - 1 tsp.
Italian Seasoning - 1 tsp.
Minced garlic (I used dehydrated ones) - 1 tsp.
Pepper - 1/2 tsp.
Olive Oil - 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste


 


Method of Preparation:

~ Cut Tofu into small blocks of 1X2 inches. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
~ Heat olive oil in a wide pan, shallow fry the tofu. To avoid breaking, leave the tofu untouched for few minutes until a crust forms at the bottom and then flip it over. Take it out on paper towel.
~ Now in the same pan, add garlic and chuncks of squash if using.
~ Add spinach and stir-fry until all the water is absorbed.
~ Add salt, pepper, red wine vinegerette and italian seasoning.
~ Once all are combined, add the tofu and gently mix it all.


Sending this yummy side dish to my Bon Vivant event - Bon Vivant #9 - Simply Sides.




4 comments:

  1. Healthy stir fry... Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is great! My favorite tofu and spinach are combined on a one dish! I will definitely create this later for my lunch and I will also show this to my friends because they also love eating tofu. Thanks for sharing your great idea to all of us!

    Easy Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...