Saturday, September 8, 2012

Raita/ Yogurt Salad

This simple Raita can be served along with flavored rice or just as a coolant after a spicy lunch/ dinner. With the event on my space, Bon Vivant #8 - Rice Recipes, I thought I have to post the recipe for this raita, since it's the most common type of yogurt salad that I make whenever there is a rice dish. 
Below is a list of vegetables that we all prefer at home. You can change the quantity of veggies depending upon your taste.




Prep Time: 10 min | Serves: 4

Ingredients:
Cucumber - Finely chopped - 1 Cup
Tomato - Finely chopped - 1/2 Cup
Onion - Finely chopped - 1/2 Cup
Yogurt (Beaten) - 1 1/2 Cup - If the yogurt is too sour add 2 tbsp of milk.
Salt to taste

For seasoning:
Oil - 1 tsp.
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Asafetida/ Hing - 1/2 tsp.
Green Chili - 2 slit
Kadipatta/ Curry Leaves - Few leaves




Method of Preparation:

~ In a serving bowl add all the cut vegetables and add salt.
~ Next prepare the seasoning. In a small pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds and let it crackle.
~ Now add hing, green chilies and curry leaves. Take it off of the heat and immediately pour it on top of the vegetables. Mix it all up.
~ Lastly add the beaten yogurt, mix and serve it cold.

9 comments:

  1. Raita looks delicious and mouthwatering. Very soothing preparation.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious and yummy raitha - looks perfect consistency

    Sowmya

    Ongoing Event - Coconut

    Ongoing Event - Healthy Foods for Healthy Kids - Combo Meals

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy and lipsmacking simple and my favourite raitha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also make something similar to go with aloo paratha...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect combo with Rice dishes. Love it

    ♥ For latest recipe please check my blog
    ♥ http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com/
    ♥ Like me on Facebook!
    ♥ https://www.facebook.com/ShwetaintheKitchen
    ♥ Follow me on twitter!
    ♥ https://twitter.com/ShwetainKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sumee, How are you? This is just a friendly reminder well in advance for your guest hosting VFAM event for the month of October. You had picked the fruit Cranberry. Hey, I also have a favor to ask. Will you be able to host it early, meaning say earliest you can post the announcement till end of October. My host for September has some issues. Please email me back and let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow yummy raita,luks delicious...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...